CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Prayer Requests

I have two prayer requests, if you all would be so kind.  The first is for Nathan, Sherry, and Brooklyn.  I cannot give any details, but I would really appreciate your prayers for them.  Please pray as Holy Spirit leads, and I think it would also be good to pray against the enemy's plans for them.


The second request is for me.  I had my first rehearsal for Nutcracker yesterday.  I realize it was my first rehearsal (only an hour long), and the other "adult party guests" have had at least two, if not three rehearsals already, but I really struggled with the dances.  There are two I have to learn, and I have never been able to do group dances, except the hora (and I don't even remember how to do that now).  The choreographer said I did a great job, but I think she was just being kind.  I know I have to be careful here, because I am something of a perfectionist, and I can be very hard on myself, but I truly felt lost.  I think I was paired with the guy who has been having a hard time getting the dances, and he is better than me.  I do not want to let anyone down.  I do not especially like the idea of embarrassing myself, either, but I can deal with that better than letting other people down.

I would be very grateful for your prayer support.  Thanks so much everyone.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Kathie--first of all, I bet that Jen was right when she said you did a great job; it was your very first rehearsal, so you have to cut yourself some slack. Second of all, once you have a few more practices under your belt, I bet you will actually FEEL like you are doing a good job as well.
And I will be praying for you as well;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jess.

I was not prepared for how difficult it is to hear cues in the music...I was so focused on trying to remember the steps, watching the person in front of me (so I am moving the correct limb), turning in the correct direction, and passing on the correct side of people, that I barely even heard the music at all. Also, I am not a dancer, so trying to interpret the "dance-speak" is a little confusing. Not that I have not appreciated what you do, but I certainly have new-found appreciation and respect for what you (and other dancers) do.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, because I am so uncoordinated that this sounds like my worst dream come true, right up there with being on stage in front of the school auditorium with all the classmates laughing at me in my underwear. Actually, doing a group dance in front of them on stage (pretty well clothed) was one of my worst memories from middle school; at least you are doing this by choice! I would love to be good at this kind of activity SOMEday, I think it's awesome that you are brave enough to try. Struggles usually teach us something valuable, but they are so very hard in the middle.

By the way, I thought your granddaughter was an absolute delight, and I'm sorry to hear they are struggling too. Prayer is usually the best solution, and costs so little. I will be thinking about you tonight when all the little creatures that I share my home with are fast asleep and I'm alone on my couch meditating with my best friend and savior.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, s. a., I appreciate that. And I am so glad I saw you and you are not "s. a." to me any more!

Nina said...

Kathie--Hopefully you'll quickly grow more confident and comfortable with it. I bet you will.

All I can say is better you than me. Last week we started ballroom dancing lessons and I felt like I had five left feet!

Anonymous said...

Nina, welcome!! Thanks for your encouraging words. I sure know how you feel...you would think with a former Arthur Murray dance instructor for a husband, I would be more comfortable on the dance floor (when it comes to dancing other than just by myself), but such is not the case. I feel like I am pulling teeth to get John to teach me anything! I keep threatening him that I will pay someone to teach me! Hey, Jess, when you're back in town, do YOU want the job?! ;-)

Jessica said...

lol,Kathie! Sure!

Michele said...

Kathie! I didn't know you were in the Nutcracker! What part are you playing?

Anonymous said...

Michele, I am an "adult party guest". Please pray I don't embarrass them on their 25th anniversary!