CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Psalm 106:1~

“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever.”



I thank You, Father God, for Your constant and abiding presence.  I know You are always with me, whether I feel You or not~because that is a promise You have made to me, and You always keep Your word.  I thank You that You are always faithful, even when I am not.  Thank You for loving me, especially when I am so unlovable.  Thank You for Your grace, which I do not deserve, but always have whenever I need it.  Thank You for Your wisdom, which is always available to me, however often I ignore it.  I thank You for Your forgiveness, which You never withhold, no matter how many times a day I must ask for it. 


My God and Father, I thank You for the kindness You never fail to show me...especially when I neglect to show that same kindness to others.  I thank You that You always have time for me, although I do not take enough time to be with You.  Thank You for being my source of true comfort, however frequently I seek it elsewhere.  Thank You for being my defender, I need no longer defend myself.  Thank You for being an ever-present help in time of trouble, though I often forget to call on You.  I thank You for working everything out for my good, even though I may complain how bad things are.  Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning, though I dwell too often on past mistakes.  I thank You for the freedom I have in You, although I sometimes live as though I were still in chains.    


Almighty God and Father, I thank You for receiving my praise and worship, inadequate and insufficient though it may be.  Thank You for Your beauty and creativity, however infrequently I notice it or show appreciation for it.  Thank You for always answering my prayers, even when I do not recognize Your answers or when I complain that they were not what I wanted.  I thank You for Your perfect will, however often I stubbornly insist on my own.  Thank You for the gifts and abilities You have generously given me, in spite of how often I have wasted them or wished for others.  I thank You for being God of my life, however often I attempt to take control.  Thank You for being You.                  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful meditation for all of us, because these are such universal feelings. I love it Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, s. a., God bless you and your family this season of thanksgiving!