CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Taking Out the Trash

In my continuing efforts to make my blog enjoyable to read and to view, I have decided to throw out "This Day in History".  I have replaced it, for now, with "Beautiful Butterflies" and "Quotes from the Bard".  Both are to the right, below the "About Me" section.  The William Shakespeare quotes are above my blog list, the butterflies are below it.  


My reason for removing the history link?  I have no control over what piece of history appears on my blog.  I was prepared for the possibility that some serious topics would be presented, which is to be expected when you are dealing with the history of humanity.  As I was checking my blog for new comments, however; I noticed the history entry for today was particularly difficult for me to read, especially given the nature of my blog.  I hope that everyone who decides to visit my blog is blessed in some way.  I did not feel they would be if they should happen to read today's history entry.  I felt the account was far too disturbing and graphic.  Since the bits of history are randomly selected there is no guarantee that something like this couldn't happen again.  I am not comfortable with that possibility.  I don't imagine I will have the same problem with the bard or the butterflies, but if they get out of line...out they go!!

If any of you caught today's history lesson before I was able to remove it, please accept my sincere apologies.  My commitment to you is that my blog will always be a safe place for you to hang out.  Be blessed.       

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I didn't catch the history excerpt, but as far as offensive material, that's a possibility I had never considered. I tell you, I am learning all kinds of relevant things from YOUR blogging experience. If I'm ever brave enough to go public with a blog, I will be hitting you up for advice. I think you're very sensitive and thoughtful.

Peaj said...

Nasty old history!

Thanks, Kathie.

Jessica said...

well now I am curious as to what terrible thing happened at some point on yesterday's date!

but that's just me, being forever curious...

thanks for sparing us the gross the details, Kathie;-)

Anonymous said...

Just looking out for my brothers and sisters!