CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Let Me Count the Ways...

When I sat down to write this devotion, I began with a list.  It kept growing.  The list became the devotion.  It doesn’t just apply to me.  This is your list, too, and you don’t have to change it to make it personal to you.  God is universal in His personality.  He is the only one who can truly be everything to all people!  God, open our eyes to see it, our minds to believe it, and our hearts to receive it.


God loves me with an unquenchable love.

God knows me inside and out, coming and going, and He still loves me!

God is jealous for my love and attention.

God desires me.

God’s eyes are always on me, His thoughts are always toward me.

God is always with me; He will never leave me.

God delights in me.

God rejoices over me with singing.

God thinks I am a prize worth living, sacrificing, and dying for.

God is my champion, He goes to war for me.

God protects, delivers, and rescues me.

God helps me.

God equips me.

God counsels and guides me.

God teaches me.

God encourages and exhorts me.

God disciplines me for my benefit.

God cleanses and purifies me.

God heals me.

God cares for me and comforts me.

God’s heart breaks for me.

God is attentive to me.

God talks to me.

God reveals Himself and His thoughts to me.

God is creative in the ways He loves me and reveals Himself to me.

God listens to me.

God answers my prayers, even before I finish praying them.

God gives me the desires of my heart.

God loves me enough to say, “No”, when I ask for something that isn’t good for me.

God always keeps His promises to me.

God reminds me about Himself...He knows how forgetful I am.

God doesn’t mind reminding me, even if He has to do it 100 times a day.

God waits for me.

God is patient toward me.

God doesn’t take, “No”, for an answer.

God always reaches out to me.

God pursues me.

God lights the way before me so I won’t stumble.

God helps me up, should I stumble.  He doesn’t get mad at me because I stepped out of His light (which is why I stumbled).

God always gets me back on track when I wander.

God is faithful.



3 comments:

Jessica said...

I especially love,

God rejoices over me with singing.

Now if I could just keep that in perspective through all things...

Anonymous said...

I should post this one on the fridge, what an awesome, affirming way to start the day.

ps I love your latest pix

peaj said...

Intellectually, I know it.
Spiritually, I'm grateful for it.
Emotionally, I don't feel it.

But nice list anyway.