CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Peace

I said this blog was a collection of my thoughts, musings, ramblings, and other writings.  Here is a poem of mine.  I wrote it in 1998, but it's topic is always relevant.  I think it is particularly relevant for this time and season.


Still my heart
like the peaceful waters of a deep blue lake,
unruffled
by the ripples and the waves the world would make.
In my heart
I hear Your voice; it's calling out to me, and
I know peace
beyond all the circumstances that I see.
Lasting peace,
though the world around me crumbles.
Sweet peace,
though mankind against me rumbles.
Abiding peace,
through Jesus Christ who died for me.  


1 comments:

Jessica said...

really beautiful, Kathie--you are very talented with words!