CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just For Fun

I was online today and read a news article that said that Ben & Jerry's have come out with a limited edition flavor called "Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road", in honor of Elton John (and his song, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, of course), who will soon be performing in Vermont for the first time.  It is chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cookie dough, chunks of butter brickle, and chunks of white chocolate.  The ice cream may only be purchased at Elton John's concert and at Ben & Jerry's scoop shops in Vermont for a limited time (I forget how long).  What a shame, it sounds good!  I clicked on a link to Ben & Jerry's website to see if there was any other information on it and came across a couple interesting things you can do on their site.  You can go to "Flavor Generator" and make up your own flavor, just for fun.  I thought I came up with a pretty tasty combination and thought, "hey, I should submit my idea!"  It just so happens they have a page you can go to to submit ideas for new flavors.  So I did just that.  My ice cream is called, "Malt Shoppe Madness", and is a sort of homage to 50s malt shops.  It is chocolate and malt ice creams with chunks of cherries and walnuts, swirled with marshmallow.  I would buy it; chocolate and nuts with something gooey, how bad could that be?!  If they like my idea and decide to make it they will contact me but with the understanding that, while they may recognize, award, and/or compensate me, they are under no obligation to do so.  I do not really care about all that but, to be honest, it would be nice for my friends and family to know.  Who knows, it could happen!  If nothing comes of it, no matter, it was just for fun.  If, however, you should happen to see it in your local market some day...!!    

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope they pick it, Kathie--that'd be awesome!