CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Soaking

I love baths. A bath is my preferred method of cleansing, an integral part of my daily routine. I was going to say, "morning routine", but who am I kidding? This is my first full week off; it is sometimes the afternoon...the evening, if I have nowhere to be...before I run my bath! It is my preferred method of waking up, when I do have somewhere to go. I know showers are supposed to be invigorating, but it just seems to be a rude way to wake up, like the first assault of the day. I would much rather soak the sleep away...a kinder, gentler version of a snooze alarm. A shower is so harsh and utilitarian. Soaking in a hot bath, my sleep-stiff muscles and joints are gently caressed and soothed and eased into the day's service. If my day has been especially frantic or fraught with difficulty, if I am feeling used and abused, or if I am unwell, I will end my day as it began...with a long, relaxing soak in a hot bath. It's a wonderful thing.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

too true! the only thing for me, though, is that I usually don't give myself enough time for a morning bath (sometimes not even a morning shower!)...I am most definitely a night person! But, I do love a good bath!

Peaj said...

Not me. Let me get in and out with a shower and move on to something more fun. bleah.