CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Now and Not Yet

I am sitting here, wondering what to write. I have this blog, which hardly anyone seems to be interested in, so why do I bother? I realize I didn't start writing it so people could read all the brilliant things I have to say, I just wanted to post a comment on someone else's blog (which, by the way, I still have not been able to do, so go figure), but now that I have this blog I have to admit that it hurts a bit that almost no one seems to be reading it. I find that rather funny...in a "I'm not laughing" sort of way. So now I'm wondering why, after all the healing I have had from past rejection, do I care so much ? But I do care. If people are not very interested in what I have to write then they must not be too interested in me. That is what satan would have me believe. Have I not really out-grown this need for the recognition and approval of others? I guess not. I have been walking with the Lord for 30 years now. By His grace I have been healed from many things and I am stronger and more comfortable in my own skin than I have ever been, so why do I still struggle with this from time to time? The fact is, we all have something like this in our lives that we have to keep taking to the Lord. It's probably a good thing...it keeps me from thinking too highly of myself and it reminds me that I can't do it on my own, I need the Lord. Hopefully it helps me be more compassionate toward others who, like me, live in the now and the not yet. I am not what I was. I am stronger now, secure in the Lord's love for me and in who I am in Him, but I am not yet what I will be. One day I will be with Him and see Him face to face and all this will fall away. Until then I will continue to turn this over to Him and trust in His unfailing love for me. God, give me eyes to see myself as You do.

6 comments:

Peaj said...

The problem with canned blog software, like blogger, is that you don't see stats on page views. So all you have to go on is blog comments.

I like to lurk, and I don't always have a pithy response, so I sometimes don't post. So I have not appeared to be very interested, because you can't tell I was there.

I have to say though that after Jess's post and my post, I think that there is something going around. How can we hope to love strangers, when we feel so needy ourselves?

Jessica said...

Hey Kathie--

Just want you to know I care and have been reading your blog! A blog is vulnerable, though, cause you put yourself out there before the world--but like PJ said, a lot of people may read it and not comment. Also, have you spread the word that you have a blog? It may be that not many people even know about it...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, PJ and Jess, for your helpful comments. I am new to all this blogging stuff, so I appreciate what you have to say.

I have told a number of people about my blog, Jess, but unless they're just reading and not commenting, you and PJ and one other person are the only people who have responded. Also, I sort of figured that when people read others' blogs, they would see my name on my comment and click on it and find my blog (I've done that).

In any case, I am okay with the whole thing now...I mean, of course, I would like people to post their comments, but my validation doesn't come from that, you know? I guess I'm just another member of OSA!! Is there a secret handshake?

Peaj said...

We don't have a secret handshake because it might bruise our little fingers.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading you Kathie! And I am ALMOST a stranger. I like what you write. I will check you everyday from now on. And I am also a card carrying member of OSA. And when I figure the blogging stuff out a little better too, I won't be anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you for the comment and the encouragement "ALMOST a stranger", you have me intrigued! I am looking forward to finding out who you are. Blessings on your head.