CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Three Steps Forward...Four Steps Back?

In my last post (oh so long ago) I wrote about what seemed like a positive step my son was taking.  The saying "three steps forward, two steps back", however, just does not begin to cover his present circumstances.  That would imply some progress was being made, no matter how slowly.  At present, it seems as if my son was moving backward...three steps forward, four steps back.  If any progress is being made it is not visible to the naked eye.  I am trusting that God's vision is far better than my own, though I must admit this walking by faith, not by sight gig is not an easy one at times.  Still, I don't know a better way than that to keep hopelessness at bay.          

2 comments:

semi but not really anonymous said...

Kathie, you know that I can relate to having challenges with my children, and all I can say is, there are an awful lot of down times for me. And once in awhile we have a bright shiny spot that helps me remember that it's a marathon, not a race, which is not a lot of comfort when you're in the spot where you're sliding backward down the hill. And you've been there for what seems like forever. Prayers for you.

Jessica said...

Kathie--I am so sorry to read this. I can only imagine what you and John must be feeling now. I am praying and trusting God with you...