CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Few Updates

My next devotion will be out this coming Saturday (christiandevotions.us and mountainbreezedevotions).  It is a re-working of my post "To Know Fully" and you can also hear me read it, so please do check it out.  They will be picking up another one, but I do not yet know when that one is slated to come out (watch for it, it is called "Just Keep Swimming").  I'll be reading that one, too.  In fact, I will probably be reading all my own devotions from now on, since the Garage Band feature of my Macbook does such a good job with this.  I will probably be sending them another one of my poems, too, but I haven't yet decided if it will be one I have already done, or a new one I am currently writing. 


I am still waiting to hear from Blue Mountain Arts about whether they will use my poem for one of their greeting cards.  They said it could be up to 4 months before I hear, so I could have a lot of waiting to do yet.  I have another one I could send them, and I am also kicking around some ideas for Valentine's Day.  I want to do some research on other greeting card companies to which I could submit my work.

I did receive a report from my mentor a few weeks ago, and I have read it, but the first month or so of school is usually so busy and draining for me that I have not really had much time or energy to do a ton of research on all the information he sent me.  I was quite pleased with the report, though.  

In the meantime, I still have not figured out how to get Brooklyn's lullaby on my blog.  Any ideas?          

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You are being very prolific, as of late.

How awesome!

And the valentine's day card idea sounds intriguing--I LOVE valentine's day cards. Oh who am I kidding--I love MOST cards!!!

Peaj said...

It is possible to post an MP3, but it involves a number of steps. First you have to find a place to host the file that allows direct linking, like FileDEN (which seems kind of scummy) or Google Pages. Then you can use something like the instructions here. and paste the code into the Edit HTML section of your post, modifying it to include the URL to your file.

Another option is to convert the MP3 file into video with just a title card and then upload that, since Blogger allows you to directly upload videos.

I might get around to posting a full demo sometime.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, peaj. I actually did try to post it as a video, but I didn't know about including a title card, so, of course, it didn't work. I may do that, instead of the Google Pages thing, because it sounds more my speed! I'll give it a try. Thanks again. What a blessing to have a computer geek (all said in love, of course) for a friend!! :-)

Anonymous said...

How encouraging! Keep us updated. Any chance you will make "just keep swimming" a blog post here?

Anonymous said...

I suppose I could!